6.13.2010

Red Cedar Lager

I'm a beer guy.
Some people love cranberry-and-vodkas, some people do shots. I drink beer. I know the difference between lager and ale, between pilsner and stout. I've tried almost any beer you can name.
So, during one of our slow periods, we started comparing favorite beers. (In case you're curious, here are mine in order: Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, Miller Lite, Bell's Oberon, Killian's Irish Red, Guinness Stout, Bell's Kalamazoo Stout. Don't come at me with that Mexican piss-water called Corona.) I'm a minority at the dealership, in that most people prefer Bud Light to Miller Lite, but I digress.
We started to kick around the idea of starting our own brewery. One of the long-term guys actually brews his own beer, so it's not that far of a stretch. The topic of names came up. I went to Michigan State University, so "Red Cedar Lager" was my suggestion. It got a good laugh.
So good that one of the more entrepreneurial staffers decided to purchase the domain name.
Now we have our brewer cooking up a test batch. Maybe we started something here...

No comments:

Post a Comment